Monday, December 14, 2009

Gosh Purple Heart

I have been a bad blogger. I've been putting off posting this for a while. I just couldn't get good pictures of it. So I just took a lot and then having to pick which to post and then edit them all was just a pain. But here they are. Every picture was taken in some form of natural light. Most in low lighting except for the one in sunlight.

Purple Heart is a purple/green duochrome. I could not for the life of me get the green to show up for a picture. Holy shizznit, I've never taken so many pictures of a polish before. I think I was sitting at somewhere around 45 when I was done. When you look at the polish directly, you see purple, but on the edges, it's a very dark greyed out green. It doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as it does in the bottle though. The duochrome shows up best in lower lighting. Check out the bottle. It never flashes that light green/blue like the bottle, but the deep dark green definitely appears.











This is two coats. Purple Heart is very very pigmented. Opaque in one coat, but two here just because it lasts longer. Goes on wicked smooth.

I love the colour. If I had to choose between Gosh Mystery Night and Purple Heart, I would choose this. This is a bit more blue based where Mystery Night is more reddish.

Regular pick-my-polish resumes next post.

12 comments:

  1. ooh that one is pretty! i wouldnt wear it personally but i do like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, probably not light enough for you. But it definitely is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have that Gosh (out right now) that is black with holographic bar glitter? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gildedangel: Thanks! I freaking love it. I wore it for at least 5 days. That almost never happens.

    Natalie: No, I don't think I do, unless you're talking about Black Passion. But I don't think that one's a holo. Do you know the name? It sounds really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Black Passion is not the one I'm talking about.
    I'll have to take a look again next time I'm in Shoppers and I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i know which one she's talking about. you said it'd be a bitch to get off cuz the glitter bars/chunks/strips were huge. it's the one with slivers of like, shiny inside the black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your memory is way better than mine because I have no idea what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this one?
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/4192294948_d7c40095de.jpg

    Now I remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, that's it Sarah and PP?! *love*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, no, I don't have that one. Like I said up there. I didn't bother to get it because of removal issues. But that pic is prom polish mayhem, so now you've got a pic to see it if you don't have it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.