Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OPI Russian Navy

Wow have I been busy today. I spent the better part of the day swatching. Got six swatches done (One is actually a re-swatch of my first ever swatch, go check that out here). Again, those bloggers out there who do collections, you amaze me. Just a little warning for you guys. I head back to school on Monday after eight months off. So things might be a little rocky for a while. We'll see how it goes. Part of the reason I got all these swatches done was to hopefully keep things consistent until I get settled back in. I'll try to post every three days.

Anyway, here's Mary Beth's pick.

Russian Navy has been swatched and talked about a lot so I'm not sure what more I can really add to it. In the bottle it looks kinda purple, on the nails it looks like a shimmery, shiny, navy blue. RN is highly pigmented with blue shimmer. The shimmer gives it a lit from within sort of look. I really love how dark and deep this colour is. I really wish I had gotten a sunshine pic, but it was snowy all yesterday.







I had read somewhere that if you did three coats you would end up seeing the purple, but I didn't see any purple. Although I never got a chance to see it in sunlight. So I have no idea. You're good to go in two coats. This is three with top coat. So shiny. Goes on really smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. =) I actually love this dark blue so much I don't even bother to look at other dark blues when I'm looking at polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.