Monday, February 15, 2010

Blogger Comment System

Alright, so I feel the need to get this off my chest.

Blogger, your comment system blows. Hard.

The lack of a ability to reply to specific comments. I almost feel like I'm stuck in the internet dark ages. Replying with one massive comment and addressing each and every single person so that they know who I'm replying to? Are you serious? Come on now.

Your comment alert system for the blogger, really? I get an alert for my own reply to a comment on my own blog?! WTF, Blogger? You've had so much time, and yet you still can't change this?

And then comment alerts for other blogs. No, I do not want to come back to 30 emails of comments from other people who have made comments on another person's blog just so I can get an alert for the one reply I've been waiting for.

Come on Blogger. Step it up. This is one area where Live Journal owns you. You can do it. I know you can. And if there's a better way. Omg, please tell me.

16 comments:

  1. You could do what a lot of other bloggers have done and switch to a third-party comment system, IntenseDebate is a popular one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I can't even leave a comment, the page often doesn't load. :(
    Getting pretty fed up with it.
    So I hear ya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE the system on here for comments. For all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree. Blogger is so primitive in this regard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree too - I don't have a lot of readers (44) and I'm fairly newish but even I can tell this whole comment system needs an overhaul!!! Would be so great to comment/reply to individuals within the comments. I could click on reply to Gildenangel and type something like "You're my most loyal commenter!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comment feature of blogger has been created at the time of internet dinosaurs. So basic, so limited, so outdated. We're in pre-historic lands on here and the email subscription to comment sucks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. gildedangel: Oh really now? I think I might give it a try. But I still think it's embarassing on Blogger's part that I would have to go third party. It's like my husband not being able to satisfy me and having to go to another man.

    Thess: Ugh, that would suck so bad.

    l0verlada: Yessss, the only reason I moved from livejournal was because all of the polish journals are here.

    jo.frougal: Just embarassing, really.

    yardsticks 4 lunatics, Scandalous, Natalie, April and Ashley: I'm so glad everyone else agrees with me. I'm considering starting a petition.

    Hannah Banana: gildedangel is also my most loyal commenter. Lol. And agreed, even when I first started my blog, I was absolutely stunned how primitive the comment system was.

    jellynat: The email subscription for comments sucks so bad. It's absolutely awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drives me CRAZY! I'm not really all that keen on the other commenting systems, so I haven't reinstalled one yet - but OH. Livejournal absolutely KILLS Blogger with regards to the comment system. I miss it so much. I can't even express how badly I miss LJ commenting.
    Phew.
    However, I'm still up in the air about ID, because it's not search engine friendly. And that's definitely a concern for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's this ID you speak of? I want to go back to lj so bad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, our comment system leaves a lot to be desired. And yes, we're working on it.

    Thanks for getting it off your chest, and for using Blogger!

    Rick
    (Product Manager on Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha. Thank you. =) I look forward to what you guys come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.