Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nicole by OPI I Stop for Nicole

Nicole, your bottles suck so bad. Please change them. Seriously, they are ugly and hard to hold. Anyhow, back to your regularly scheduled posting.

Stop for Nicole is a bright raspberry red polish with gold glitter. I would say it's almost a red foil if something like that exists. The glitter is much more prominent in the bottle. You never see the gold when it goes onto your nails. But holy heck is this polish ever amazing. The colour is so bright, vivid, blingy, and in your face. I orginally threw away the direct sunlight pics because I thought they weren't colour accurate until I realized that the gold shows up in direct sunlight. I don't know if it's because you can see the gold glitter, or if it's just the yellow light. But it definitely moves from a cool red to a warm one. Very interesting.





Three coats and Poshe. It was good at two coats, but I wanted to see if it would get more intense. Which it did, but not by much. Formula was good. The bottles may suck, but the brushes are great. Although it's just about impossible to find a good way to hold them for a pic. Hmpff. Please ignore the little bit of fluff I have stuck to my ring finger. I didn't notice until after I took the pics.

The colour really reminds me of DS Reflection, but without the holo. I actually find this much too bright for me. It's distracting. But I would definitely recommend it for all the red lovers out there. Although the price is nuts for a drugstore brand. I don't think it's part of the regular collection, I found it on a special Nicole display at Shoppers Drug Mart so grab it now if you want it.

Reminder: Enter the giveaway! Click pic at top right for details.

5 comments:

  1. It really is such a vibrant color.

    I also agree about it being expensive for a drugstore brand. The new Sally Hanson polishes are almost as much as Essie and OPI now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's too bright at all! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same feelings on the bottle BUT I love the polish inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SeeingSunshine: Actually, I get my OPI for $7.50 or a little less, so it's actually more expensive than OPI. Totally obscene.

    Musicalhouses: I have to admit, in lower light, it's flipping gorgeous. But get some light on it and it's distracting.

    L: Yes, the polish is great, the bottle is suck.

    gildedangel: *Nods* I couldn't stop looking at it in class and on the bus. Oh so very distracting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.