Sunday, February 14, 2010

OPI Bling Dynasty

So... I'm not big into V-day, but today is also Chinese New Year. So... Happy Chinese New Year! This is my Lunar New Year mani.

Bling Dynasty is a very deep yellow toned gold polish with gold shimmer micro-glitter. It's almost a mustard gold, if that makes any sense. This does not work for me at all. It's from this year's spring collection, Hong Kong. I figured with a name like that, this would totally work with the Asian skin tone, but guess not. =(





Two coats with Poshe. You can still see VNL, but it's not too bad. You could slap on another coat and you'd get full coverage. And those girls who say the Hong Kong polishes smell a wee bit different than other polishes? Yeah, I can sort of smell it too. But I can't really pinpoint it. It's not a bad smell, as nail polish doesn't smell like daisies to begin with, but the difference is definitely there. At least to me. Application itself was good though. No issues. Anyhow, I've put this up for swap. Not feelin' it.

So, um... I'm kinda at 187 followers, eh? Just... Wow. Thank you all. I'm a bit astounded at how many entries there are. A couple questions for you. How are the pics? Good? Is there any way you'd like me to improve them? How are the reviews? Are they helpful? Any extra info you'd like me to include? Er, that's more than a couple questions. Oh well. If you've got some feedback, would love to hear it.

8 comments:

  1. The pics aren't loading for me. but happy chinese new year dear :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily Nail: Thanks. Too bad it just didn't work for me.

    gildedangel: I know eh? Ugh, if only it worked with my skin tone.

    London's beauty: Really? I've tried in both Firefox and IE. Try refreshing? And thank you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pictures show up just fine for me! (I use safari) And on the topic of your pictures, they look so nice! What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I use Pentax Optio L30. 7.1 mp. I got it for $99 a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kinda liking that color on your skin tone, sorry to hear you're swappin it.
    I'm a new follower to your blog so I've got no feedback yet, just enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! And if you do have any feedback later on, don't hesitate to tell me. I would love to hear it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.