Saturday, February 27, 2010

OPI You Don't Know Jacques! Suede

Ok, I'm not officially back. But I did want to post. Just a little FYI for the ladies in Canada that don't live near a Sally Beauty, Winners is selling China Glaze's Up Up and Away collection for $5.99 each. When I was there today, they were literally just putting them out. So keep an eye out! And Sally's is indeed upping the price of China Glazes for members. They are now $5.49 (if I remember correctly) instead of $3.99. *Super sad marmot* Oh, and for anyone who's wondering. I'm 98% better. I've just got a sad and pathetic orphan cough now.

Jacques suede is a brown matte polish with silver shimmer. It's brown and blingy. Me likes, me likes a whole lot. And I also went and slapped a top coat on it. So check it out!









This is two coats. You could probably get away with one if you're careful. Like all mattes, highly pigmented. But always wear base coat. This little buddy totally stained my nails. It's the only time I've ever gone naked underneath and I'm never doing it again.

Edit: Tomorrow is the last day to enter my contest. So get your entries in!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, that's gorgeous! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankya dear. And I really love it. OPI did good when they came out with the Suedes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the collection suede !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back to posting and feeling better. Love the polish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that polish sooo bad. I know I could order online but I like the thrill of the hunt. :)
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily nail: I know eh? Who would have ever thought adding silver shimmer to matte polish would look so good.

    Susie: Brown never looked so perdy.

    Jaime: Thankya darlin'. =)

    WizardsOfBling: I get that. You totally get a rush when you find something you've been after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I (like Sylvia) seriously want that polish! Everytime I check Transdesign they're out :[ boooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winner price isn't good in this case :-(

    Is it funny that we try to put matte top coat on regular polish and put top coat on matte polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Suedes, this one is gorgeous...Unfortunately the only way to have it in Italy is ordering from abroad. No rushes here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. gildedangel: Thankya. =)

    SeeingSunshine: Oh really, I didn't realize it'd be so hard to get.

    Halifax: Yes, the price used to be much better at Sally's. It's really too bad that they upped the price that much more.

    smALtY: That's really too bad. I just about squealed like a dork when I saw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty, especially like it with the top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give me your email on your entry for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really quite like the Jacques matte, but would just end up putting a glossy top coat on it. I actually don't own any mattes - is it true you can't use hand lotion becasue it messes up the finish?

    Lol, Sally's knew I was trying to find China Glaze and upped the price before I got there! Ah well. Thanks for the heads up RE: Winners. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way: Sally's does have China Glaze on sale for March at two for 10$ - which sadly is still more expensive than before.

    Glad you're better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can use lotion just fine. It makes it satiny for a bit, but it's not a huge deal. And I think the deal is 2 for $8. Tooootally taking advantage of that. And thanks, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to know RE: lotion! Hm, I now have no idea what the sale is for sure. I was told it was 2 for 7$, then their flyer said 2 for 10$... and now you say 2 for 8$. OH, THE INSANITY. Okay, I'm done being overly dramatic. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flyer says 2 for $8. *Thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehehe, happily you're right! I may or may not have been looking at the US version of the flyer. *hangs head in shame* :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.