Friday, March 26, 2010

*Flail*

StBF got me an Ott Lite for my Birthday. I am so wicked excited right now. Bah, this no polish for two weeks thing is not going to last at all. I want to put some polish on so I can give this thing a test run. Heeee!

For anyone who doesn't know what an Ott Lite is, it's supposed to show true to life colours. It's made for crafters and such. But it's awesome for us bloggers.

Edit 3/27/2010: Here's a picture of my new lamp. I was so excited that I didn't even get all the packaging off before I took the pic.



It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. (Steph @ Short 'n Chic: "That's what she said." *Rolls eyes* I swear, at least half of the things I say end up with someone tacking on a TWSS.) Anyhow, I sort of love this thing. I'm sure the novelty will eventually wear it. But it's awesome and amazing. It's too bad that it's so retarded expensive though.

And here's a pic of some random polishes I had sitting on my desk. I have to play with the angles a bit more. It doesn't help that I don't have much room on my desk, as you can see with the earlier pic, it's a wee bit cluttered.



Those polishes are Maybelline Grapes Times, OPI Birthday Babe, and L.A. Colours Sand Storm, in case anyone's interested.

15 comments:

  1. Oh pretty please put some polish on!!! lol such a bad influence. I want to see how the lite works too!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see! I have been debating getting one for taking pics on my blog. Anyway you can do a with Ott and without Ott pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANSTAH: You are baaad. Lol.

    KrisInPhilly: Sure thing! That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Cant wait to see the pics!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thanks and Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, how exciting! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. You will LOVE your Ott Lite. I've got one that I use to take nail photos all the time.
    Have fun.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (belated) Birthday dearie. I can't wait to see the results with this light to be honest but you'll make some swatches before too long, won't you? ;) (I didn't know what an Ott Lite was, I'm a loser ah ah!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late happy birthday!

    Thanks for showing this, thanks to you I found a reseller just a couple of miles from my home in Sweden. Now I'm gonna get me a lamp, and my mother is going to get a lamp with a magnifying glass.
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone! And I will definitely do a post with lots of different lighting to show y'all what the Ott Lite does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat birthday present! I'd never even heard of this kind of lamp before you posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Nods* I'd only heard about it maybe a month or so ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.