Friday, March 19, 2010

Models Own Moody Grey

So I've spent the last week watching the entire second season of Chuck. Oh good golly gosh do I love Chuck. But yes, this is why I have been sorta... Not here. I am back now. I just watched the season finale today and crap, I can't wait to get the DVDs for the third season. Although that's going to be a while off.

Oh! *Waves to the guys from CP*

Anyhoodly, this is Moody Grey. This colour is meh. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I just wore it. It's a dark grey creme. What I really don't enjoy about it is the smell. It's not B3F so it stinks to high heaven. I don't make a huge fuss if a polish isn't B3F, but the smell I do not enjoy at all. This coupled with the dismal wear, I probably won't be getting anymore of these unless there's a colour I must have.



Two coats with topcoat. It's actually good in one, but I was a bit shakey in the application, so I did two. As I mentioned earlier, the wear sucked. I had chipping by the next day. And I had the same problem with other Models Own polishes. On one, I put it on before bed and by the time I woke up the next day, there were chips. Not awesome. Maybe it's my B3F base and top coats.

Now I would like to draw your attention to the picture of the moment on the sidebar. Please go look.

11 comments:

  1. Ahh! I saw the spider! Creepy :P haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the smell!! Although the only polish I've ever had this smell with is Models Own. I have loads of polishes that aren't B3F and none smell anything like my MO polishes!! They stink to high heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color! It's a nice neutral color and would look good if you are already wearing something colorful... But I've used a really smelly polish before and know how awful it is to sit through a manicure. I had to hold my breath! I don't have any desire to buy Models Own polishes especially if it chips so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SeeingSunshine: Hahaha, wasn't it? I actually didn't know the spider was there until I uploaded those pics onto my computer. It was like, whoa!

    Rebecca: Oh really? I haven't used a non B3F polish in a while. All I remember is that they all stink. But the MO polishes are bad.

    Polish Hoarder: Yeah, I was originally so excited, but definitely very disappointed. I think it's definitely a good neutral. But sorta a boring one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch this brand for a few weeks. It got some sweet pastels that I want to try.

    I totaly love greys. I've got lots of them and I even created some (by mixing polishes).

    I saw the spider - crab spider. Did you know that they change color to match the flower. It's so cool and I love them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady! Drop me a line about the Maybelline. You can have it, I've just got to know where to send it. That would help.

    If ou want to give me something in return I certainly wouldn't object. I suppose we can discuss that via e-mizzle, yes? I'm out n about right now but I'll respond as soon as I can.

    Oh, and thanks for directing me to that CREEPSTER spider pic. Kinda cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all gray polish! This one doesn't look bad, but it's too bad you seem disappointed in it - I've been wanting to try Model's Own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chuck is incredible. ~katjo718

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tânia: I really love their colours, just too bad they formula is kinda suck. And no, I didn't know that about the spider. Very interesting.

    Stephanie: You are the best, you know that?

    Jeannie: I think I have something against grey cremes. Lol.

    katjo718: He is, he totally is. I loves that show sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya know, I'm a great lover of grey polish, but this one didn't really attract me at all.

    (But I think that might have to do with the fact that even I, a great lover of grey polish and deep appreciator of cool weather, is completely sick and tired of the gloomy-doomy GREY windy days we've been having and thus I am super attracted to happy, bright, saturated colors at the mo. So strange.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what? That might have also been why I just wasn't feeling this colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.