Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sally Hansen American Beauty

So I had a freaking huge ass brain fart. I saved these pics in small version. There is no hi-res version of these. Omg, I'm a freaking moron. And the thing is, you can't really see the awesome shimmer unless you looked at the big version. Boo on me. Boo. On. Me. ARGH. Events transpired to make me cranky before I did that, now I just feel like nothing is going right and want to scream. I am feeling frustration. Epic epic amounts of it.

This is American Beauty from the Canadian exclusive Runway collection. I had a shat load I wanted to write about it, but frankly, I'm not feeling it. So I'll just vomit up the notes I took on this when I wore it, which was a month ago.

-Deep plum in lower lights, lightens up in sunlight to purply red
-Sometimes looks blood red
-Pink, red, blue shimmer





-Three coats, fine at two

When I first saw pics of this I wanted it because it looked red and I regretted not getting it. And then StBF bought it for me. When I saw the bottle, I swore mine was mislabelled, it did not look red, it was purple. I was so disappointed. And StBF was like, "that is American Beauty, hmpff." So I looked some more and found everyone had different pics. At that point I figured I had to wear it and see for myself. And now I understand.

Question of the post: Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they and why?

In real life, my most prevalent nicknames are Denger and Little One. Denger because it's a modification of my last name, which is Deng. I refuse to be called Deng because it sounds too much like dang. (Back story: I went to a Catholic school and kids would find ways of undermining authority at any opportunity. So they'd use my full name to swear, instead of just saying dang. And then when the teacher reprimanded them, they'd just say they were saying my name. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. So to this day, I will not allow anyone to call me Deng.) And my second nickname is Little One because I'm 5'1" and, well, little. So what about you guys?

10 comments:

  1. It's an interesting colour. It looks like a nice deep berry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful color! My family (to this day) calls me Say Say because when I was little I could not pronounce my name, so that's what I called myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I think I like that color, but I can't make up my mind!

    And I've had tons of nicknames :P I guess Weebs is the one I get called the most! It's derived from Weeble (as in Weebles wobble but they don't fall down)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skulda: It is definitely an interesting colour.

    gildedangel: Aww, that's so cute!

    SeeingSunshine: Weebs! Omg, that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this is me catching up on your posts!

    This color is really nice, and further reminds me how I completely missed out on the Runway collection, lol. Le sigh. But at least I've learned my lesson and will pay more attention next time! :D In terms of nicknames, I've got a million...one of which being that my sister always called me Munchkin, even though I outgrew her a long time ago (which isn't saying much because we're both very petite).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, whoa there, 13 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agh, I know! And I might have just done it again!

    BTW - I managed to find a bottle of this polish along with "fashion forward" (a deep, blurple shimmer) which I assume was from the same collection. Oh, but how they were dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you managed like 15 this time. And congrats! That's awesome that you found them. I think American Beauty is so awesome and amazing. And fashion forward is such a nice vampy polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.