Friday, April 16, 2010

Frankenpolish: Dirty Green Dragon

Hello my darlings. I know I've been kinda not here. But I just had my last class of the semester, which also happened to be my last class of my degree. So it's been hectic. And probably will be for the next week. But I didn't want to leave you hanging, so here's a frankenpolish. I have continued to work through my picks list and will have those reviews up when I get breathing room.

Dirty Green Dragon is a dusty green with gold shimmer. I kinda think it's perfect. You don't really see the gold shimmer in the pic though.



Recipe is easy. Half of China Glaze Solar Powered, half Nicole by OPI In Your Hands (I assume any dark blue creme should do) and a couple generous drops of Color Club Black. This is a mini bottle, so you'll have to tweak how much black you add depending on the size of bottle you put it in. Also make sure you have the correct balance of yellow and blue in your mix before you add black.

This is three coats with top coat. Formula was thick though, so it required thinner.

And in other news, I got OPI Rainforest, in a swap with Esmeralda, and I don't get the hype. Now that I have it, it looks kinda meh. Maybe it was all just hype. But I'll go see if I can find y'all a dupe.

Edit: So I intern at the Military Museums and I held my franken up to one of the green dress uniforms and it's almost exactly like the uniform except for the fact that it's got gold shimmer. Just thought I'd share.

14 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous and I love it! Great job!!!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks awesome! I love greens like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I love that color. Very lovely. Haha, and I love your comment about Rainforest. A dupe would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this! Heck, I love gold shimmer in just about everything :]


    I also noticed the picture on the side of your page..."pineapple lasagna"...what is this stuff? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both the colour and the name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this franken, but I'm really commenting because I was totally distracted by the pic of the moment in the sidebar, the pineapple lasagne! Maybe just because I'm hungry LOL but it looks delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww too bad Rainforest didn't wow you. Oh well, 1 item off the wishlist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this color, but I can only see the pic if I click on it ? Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, very cool and creative! Love!

    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments ladies!

    SeeingSunshine: It's lasagna that's got pineapple added to it in between layers of pasta. Really good. The pineapple is a nice accent.

    Colette: I assure you, it is. Lol.

    Halifax: Agreed, one less lemming to worry about.

    Jackie S.: That is super odd. They're both hosted at the same place. Are you having any problems with any of the other pics around here?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.