Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chanel Metal Garnet

StBFF's pick.

Metal Garnet is a slightly brown deep burgundy red with gold shimmer. I think it's also got a dark berry red thing going on too. Freaking awesome. I can't believe it took me this long to try it.



Three coats with topcoat. There's a chance this may have been a two coater, but I have no idea because the brush is freaking anorexic and barely picks up any polish so it went on streaky. By the third coat I didn't even bother to unload. Just slapped on one thick coat. I don't think I'll bother to unload at all next time. But I didn't have any issues with the formula.

Pic of the moment: So I've been crazy into origami lately. Do you know what this means? Yes, it means I will be bombarding the lot of you with origami pictures. First up is my little pink origami lotus flower. I think this was 4 pieces of paper.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour, I'm really diggin it! Also looks very good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love your cute little flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is the only Chanel color I've seen that I would actually consider paying that much for. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can post tons of origami pics. I have never done any origami figure but I adore that. :)

    (anorexic brush, ah ah ah ah ah ah !!! I'll remember this expression!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Chanel polish is like my indulgence. This is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color reminds me very much of OPIs Royal Ruby Rajah from the 2008 India Collection. I wonder how close they are?

    Ok, so I already think your "pic of the moment" thing is great...but pic of the moment featuring origami? Coolness. :) I think the lotus is my favorite so far. I'm totally with jellynat - post away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle: Thanks! I'm super glad I got a bottle of it.

    Rebecca: Thanks. I'm very proud of it. Lol.

    Zara: Yeah, when it comes to Chanel, it really is about whether it's a colour you'd be willing to shell out for.

    jellynat: I'm glad you like the term anorexic brush. I'm also glad you don't mind the pics. I always feel like I want to show everyone. It's like, "look what I made!"

    bellebathandbeyond: Yeah, it really is an indulgence.

    origami: I would totally do that comparison for you if I owned Ruby. And glad you like the origami. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.