Monday, August 2, 2010

OPI Suzi & the Lifeguard

LaLadyBunny's pick. For those who haven't, make sure to vote in my Joe Fresh polish poll. And new month! New banner!

S&tL is a light shimmery pink polish. It's very pretty. I just don't like the way it looks on short nails, though.



Two coats with top coat. This probably could have used three coats for complete opacity. But I don't mind a little bit sheerness. Application was good. No issues as far as I can tell.

Pic of the moment: And I just want to explain why my nails are so short. Last Wednesday there was a fire at the Museum of the Highwood in High River. High River is a town about an hour outside of Calgary. There was a lot of damage to the collections. A bunch of us from the Military Museums volunteered to go help them recover as much as they could. So on Thursday night, in preparation of helping them on Friday, I cut off my nails just so I wouldn't have to worry about them when I was moving stuff. Last time I did large amounts of moving, I ended up ripping off a nail. Not awesome. So yeah. Ended up grimy, sticky, and smelling like smoke because I was covered in soot. But it was totally worth it for the experience and getting dirty was fun. I really hope that they recover quickly from the fire and that it looks a lot worse than it was. Because it was just so sad to see some of those artefacts soaked and covered in soot.

Here's a picture of the Highwood before fire.



And an after pic. So sad.

7 comments:

  1. cute pink ! sorry for the museum :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty pink! I'm sorry about the fire. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a perfect feminine colour! I'm sorry about the fire : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that pink too! So pretty!
    Sorry about the fire! I had a fire in my neighbourhood too. The roof is practically completely gone!!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I didn't like this color, but now I think it is quite pretty. I think the more I look at it the more it reminds me of some toys I had when I was little. Nothing fancy or anything - I'm talking about those cute (and cheap) little play sets you'd get that included a brush and "mirror" for you dolls or ponies or something, hahaha.

    So sorry to hear about the fire, btw. It is terrible to think of all those museum pieces damaged, but with the help you and your colleagues gave I'm sure they'll be in better shape than they could have otherwise been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so sorry about the fire...my little museum studies heart dropped when I read that. That's really too bad.

    I wore Suzi & the Lifeguard not too long ago and didn't really love it. Pink just isn't my thing. I'd agree that it doesn't really look fantastic on short nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily nail, Zara, Jo, ~Lisa: Thanks. And I'm sad about the fire too.

    origami: Yeah, it definitely has that sort of feel to it. And I really hope what we did helped.

    Stephanie: I think it's one of those neutral colours that needs more surface area to work with. And the fire was super sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.