Friday, September 10, 2010

Nicole by OPI In Your Hands

Another of Zara's picks.

Curse Nicole bottles for being such a pain in the ass to hold! There just doesn't seem to be a good pose for them. Anyhow, In Your Hands is a deep blue jelly. Very nice colour. It reminds me of the sea. The vast beyond. I might also be thinking this because I'm reading Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.



Three coats with top coat. This would have been good in two coats had I been more careful. But I think the extra coat adds some nice depth. My bottle was also a bit gluggy (due to age, I think) so it didn't flow very well. I ended up with bubbles, but I'm pretty sure it was my top coat. I've also got a random hair from my cleanup brush stuck to it. What's even funnier about this mani is that it's so shiny I can see my right hand holding my camera reflected in it.

Pic of the moment: So two weeks ago, my coworker pulled out these manequin legs with Second World War Canadian Woman's Army Corps shoes on them. He placed them near my work space so that every single time I turned a little bit to the right, this is what I saw out of the corner of my eye.



Then when the shoes got taken off, I grabbed the legs and placed them by the tank. Doesn't it look like the tank is crushing a terminator, or something? I was so giddy about this whole thing. It was joy.

12 comments:

  1. That colour is soooo lovely! <3 And I love those Percy Jackson books! Read them all, and saw the movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jelly is awesome. I just read all those books last month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois and karen: Thanks ladies. I've just finished the first book. I'm looking forward to the next one. But I was really surprised how different the movie was from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blue jelly...I'm going to have to get it soon...soooo beautiful! Also the legs are awesome LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I thought it was all sorts of win. And you totally need to grab this. Vampy jellies for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your new follower. Really like your blog! Maybe you could check out mine sometime: www.melaniesnailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for swatching so many of my pics! I will definitely have to get this one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very jelly like :) love This blue shiny shade

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color is so very nice! And those pictures are certainly giggle inducing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel: I love it too! So winsome.

    origami: Thanks! I laughed my ass off while taking those pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.