Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nubar Wildlife

Wildlife is very wildlifey. Very aptly named. When you look at it head on, it's a nice light reddish gold brown. When you turn your hand, it turns a light mossy green. It really reminds me of driving through the mountains up here in Alberta. You drive through so much green and brown. I think if you took the trees flying by and bottled it, this is what you'd end up with. Very cool duochrome.





Two coats with topcoat. Good application. No issues. I thought it was really thin at first, but full coverage at two coats. So that's pretty awesome. I also thought it'd end up streaky, but not at all. Everything just evens out. But forgive the bubbles. I need a new bottle of topcoat.

Pic of the Moment: You guys know how I love fall, so I went bumpin' around the neighbourhood taking pictures. Enjoy!

First up is a tree in my front yard. I always love the colours the leaves turn during the fall. And the way it blossoms during the spring is awesome. It kinda leans because one summer it snowed and the frost and snow accumulation on the leaves actually pulled down half the tree. So now it leans like the Tower of Pisa.



Next up is a closeup of one of the leaves. Just because I think it's cool. And look at how vivid the colours are.



And here's some pics of a little park we have right down the block.





Here are some shots inside the park. It used to be so sparse when we moved here 13 years ago. But now it's so full. When you walk in, you feel like you're wrapped in nature. I love it.







Hope you guys liked my show and tell.

14 comments:

  1. You are making me so jealous! Curse city living. :( It is also about 90% humidity here. Haha. I want to make leave piles and go apple picking. :( :(

    Wildlife looks beautiful, though. Very earthy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of the Canadian fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful, especially the close-up.

    I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, autumn looks awesome! I only experience summer all year around, and a blistering one at that, so I am completely in love with your gorgeous pictures! I'm still waiting for the day when I can travel to a foreign country in fall, this is seriously beautiful!

    http://legallypolished.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wildlife looks great on you, i can see the green and the brown, why is it that on me it just looks purple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are gorgeous...I can't wait until it starts looking like that where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah: Thankya, darlin'.

    VV: So sorry darling. I just had to share. Lol.

    Zana: Thanks!

    Katjo: I have to admit, I love it. I don't think I could ever give it up.

    Lauren: Aww, thanks.

    Cheryl: Thanks! I could not imagine living in a place with no fall.

    peripatetic: Really? It looks purple? I don't see any purple in this polish at all.

    Zara: Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This polish represents fall perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate the fall, because you know the warm is over and it's gonna get cold soon. But I love the fall for the colorful leaves. I love it when it is just at this point and there is a mix of still bright green leaves, with red, orange, yellow, and gold. So beautiful, but why do we have to have that cold part!?

    I'm loving that Nubar, who doesn't love a wonderful duochrome though?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie: It totally does. =D

    Degenerasian: I actually don't mind a huge amount.

    Paulina: Thanks.

    Donna: Lol, totally agree. With all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.