Sunday, October 31, 2010

Elianto Dark Sea Green

I had the opportunity to do a swap with one of my lovely readers from Singapore. This was one of the polishes Cheryl chose for me. Thanks!

Sea Green is a dark vampy teal jelly. Almost looks black in most artificial lights. It reminds me of the deepest darkest part of the ocean. Or maybe it's more like the Caribbean sea at night? Either way, it's a super dark teal jelly. I think it's teh awesomes.



Three coats with top coat. Only with the Ott Lite and sunlight does it actually look like this. It doesn't even really require bright sunlight, which is weird, must just be the type of light. You don't see the bald patches at all in artificial light.

Pic of the Moment: I'd like to take this time to wish you all a very Happy Halloween. I was over at my friend Owen's house carving pumpkins yesterday. I'd forgotten how bad pumpkin smelled. My friend Andrea was saying it just smelled bad because it wasn't entirely ripe yet. Holy, it was gross. So I did not scoop out any innards. Disgusting. But yes, here is my pumpkin.



I was aiming for a wink. But it looks skeptical. I don't know, what do you guys think it looks like?

And here's my friend Andrea's pumpkin, it's got an OH MY face.



And then Owen's brother did this:



Lol. Anyway, have a happy and safe Halloween my little kumquats!

8 comments:

  1. ROFL so fun and absolutely cute! love the expressions!!! :D
    and lovely teal jelly! i'll grab one of them soon! :D
    hv a great halloweeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you like it! The pumpkins are so adorable, I wonder if it takes a lot of effort to carve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie: Thanks!

    Cheryl: It really depends on how perfect you want them to be and how much detail you want. You can go crazy and use a stencil, or you could just do what I did, which was just freehand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that color looks like a real beautiful shade of teal. and pumpkins are so cure, wish we did that over here, but nope, no haloween ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color and am so happy it is a jelly. I wish more teals were jellies. I also love these jack-o-lanterns! My pumpkin didn't smell bad, so maybe there is something to the unripe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, nice! Reminds me of Mac's India Blue, though it is a cream.

    He he he, your pumpkin makes me think of the o_0 emoticon, though perhaps the pumpkin looks a bit more startled. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty colour...I wish it looked like that all the time, not just in certain lights. Just wondering what kind of top coat you use? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiera: Sorry for the late response, but I use Poshe fast dry topcoat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.