Thursday, October 7, 2010

OPI Happy Anniversary vs OPI Stars in My Eyes

A few months ago a friend of mine was looking for OPI Stars in My Eyes. It was part of OPI's 2007 Holiday in Hollywood collection. Which means it was long discontinued. So I went looking for dupes and found OPI Happy Anniversary. I put this swatch together for her.

It goes Happy Anniversary on my index and ring fingers, Stars in My Eyes on my middle and pinky. Both polishes are semi-sheer sparkly silvers. But SIME is a slightly more bluey silver and HA lets a bit more of your own nail colour show through.



Both colours are two coats. Opacity appears to be the same.

I would say if you don't have to have SIME, then HA is a good enough alternative. But HA might have just recently been discontinued. I got my bottle for something like $5 in the clearance bin.

Pic of the Moment: My dad gave me a new bamboo plant to replace the one two plants that I killed. Yeah, I may wear a lot of green polish, but my thumbs are definitely not green. The first time was probably because the pot was too small. The second time was during exam week. I was at school like twelve hours a day and well, kinda forgot to water it because I was only ever at home to sleep. So... May this one live a long and healthy life.



Do you like how it sits it my grad mug? It just seems fitting. I declined using a vase because this was perfect.

7 comments:

  1. They look just about the same to me. Good luck keeping your bamboo alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still going strong. Hahaha. I can't believe I'm replying to comments from 2 years ago.

      Delete
  2. I love it!


    I'm your new followers.


    http://ojedelisi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the two years? Ha! Goes to show, people are still loving your blog *five* years on - even if it's just we eBayers! ;-) Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you for the kind words. And I can't believe this was so long ago!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, thank you for the kind words. And I can't believe this was so long ago!

      Delete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.