Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Avon Black as Night

Another guest post!!

Hello again! Mandy here. P’s asked me to do a month-long series on Avon’s matte polishes, so I’m back, with Black as Night.



Black as Night is your typical black matte polish—it’s the color of a chalkboard before it’s been lightened with chalk dust.



(Forgive the strange color of my fingers.)

In fact, I’m now tempted to try drawing on it with chalk.

The formula on this one is much like Violetta, without the shimmer and more flat-matte than satin matte. It’s a one coater, if you’re very careful, but two coats will give great coverage. I used
Orly’s Bonder as a base coat this time; I didn’t see any difference in the finish. Using the basecoat definitely helped the tip wear and chipping, although I still had minor chipping a few hours after application. But that’s probably just because I’m hell on my manis, and we all know how temperamental matte polishes are.

If you want a nice, black matte, you can’t go wrong with this one.

Pic of the moment:



It’s Thanksgiving tomorrow here in the U.S. Go out and eat some turkey!

See you next week with Red Velvet.

<3, M

9 comments:

  1. Wow, the Avon brand looks pretty good. I'm wondering if I should try it out, do you think it's really worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I think so. It's inexpensive and good quality. Mattes don't last long, so it's probably better to spend less on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm tempted to get out my matte polishes and some chalk, and see what happens... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Zara, you'll have to let me know how it goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't celebrate thanksgiving day here in Italy, but last image..LOL!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking polish :-)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really pretty black matte. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i am gonna try and buy this. it looks so good. thank for featuring this;]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, I think i will use it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.