Monday, October 17, 2011

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape

origami's pick. By the way, I've run out of picks. So if you guys wouldn't mind, going up to my What I'm Wearing Next AKA Pick My Polish page and picking something for me to wear, I would be ever so grateful.

GGG is a light green creme. It's probably a pastel, but I dunno, doesn't feel that way to me. Right after finishing this mani, I smudged the heck out of it trying to get my bottle of black shatter open. I had a serious rage-out as it was such a pain to apply. I spent the better part of a half hour trying to get it perfect. There might have been some screaming involved.



Three coats no topcoat. Like I said, it was a pain to apply. Even at three coats it's not perfect.

Pic of the Moment:


WARNING. Graphic close-ups of dead mosquito ahead.



As some of you may know, I hate mosquitoes. Absolutely hate them with a passion. I can be a bit of a bleeding heart about killing things sometimes. Like accidentally stepping on earthworms after it's rained. But not mosquitoes. The only thing I'd feel bad about if I managed to annihilate all mosquitoes is that a lot of bats wouldn't have anything to eat.

So I will admit, I got a bit giddy at finding this mosquito dead on my windowsill. I may have cackled. Well, ok, I totally cackled. So I took some pictures because how often are you going to get a chance to get photos like this? Please excuse the dust, I swear, it only looks that bad because these are extreme close-ups.



10 comments:

  1. My vote is for Aldo's Poolside in Malibu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I show no mercy to mosquitoes either. I zap them extra good with an electric fly swatter and proceed to flush them down the toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pick... I'd love to see you swatch LA Girl Groupie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen: Thanks for your pick!

    Ashley: I have yet to actually catch one with an electric fly swatter. Little skitters are too fast.

    S.N.: Also thanks for your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! You're so funny! I love your sense of geekiness humor. :P You always add that extra quirky-ness in your posts. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer: *Is a-glow with happiness because of your comliment* Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it!
    My pick: zoya adina
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the pick! Although it's kinda weird crediting the pick to anonymous. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.