Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Claire's Bright Skies

Pretty, blue, jelly, holo, cheap. What more could you ask for?


Whim of the Moment: On Saturday, StBFF and I had two hours to kill before dinner. Conversation went like so.

Me: What do you wanna do for the next two hours?
StBFF: Let's dye your hair!
Me: Sure!

And I bought a bottle of Manic Panic Fuschia Shock and a box of bleach. Done deal.


I was actually going for purple, but fuschia is good too. The container doesn't look like how it actually turned out. I should have known better, but oh well. It's only semi-perm. I'll go purple after it fades. What y'alls think?

I just want to add to the end of this, I turned my bathtub bright fuschia pink. I kid you not, it looked like I had murdered and dismantled a pink My Little Pony in my shower. So warning for anyone who wants to do this, get a spray bottle, fill it with 3/4 water, pour in some dawn dish soap, and fill the rest with bleach. When you're finished in the shower, I suggest you spray down your shower and let it soak for 15-30 minutes, then rinse.

10 comments:

  1. First, I missed seeing you pop up on my blogroll.

    Second, I think you know how I feel about your hair (<3).

    Lastly, I like that sparkly polish.

    kloveyoubye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'awwwww, that is so sweet. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. LMAO on murdering a pink My Little Pony! I am over here LOL! Thank you! I can't wait for the update on your hair later. I would love to know how it starts to fade. I did a pink/magenta streak near the top of my head at the beginning of the year and it has not faded one iota, although it has grown out a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Did you use a semi-permanent dye like Manic Panic? It's what I used, so I'm expecting it to fade away in a couple weeks. I originally went semi-perm because I wanted to do different colours or just in case I didn't like the colour I could do something else. But I really like it so wish I had gone permanent.

      And you're welcome. I was going for the most graphic possible description I could think of it. There was pink splattered EVERYWHERE. Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. I mixed MP Fuchsia Panic, and Special Effects Atomic Pink. I did not bleach my hair too light, as my hair is very dark, and I didn't want to kill it =P.
      Then again, I only wash my hair once a week, and use sulfate free shampoos! And my hair is still bleeding when I shampoo it! Even 3 months later!
      If you really want to strip the color, try using Head and Shoulders Antidandruff shampoo it is been known to strip color out of hair.

      Delete
    3. Ah, that might be why. I just use regular shampoo. We shall see how it goes. And I definitely will not be using head and shoulders. That stuff is so bad for coloured hair. I'd like to keep it for a while. =)

      Delete
  3. Six months between posts? Surely, your nails (and whatever nail polish) from October had grown/worn out many times since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I switched computers and the new one didn't have photo editing software and I didn't get around to installing any until now.

      Delete
  4. GEL POLISH
    Soak Off Gel Polish 10ml. Apply easily. Rich Color. Very shiny after using the Top. Last up to 3-4 weeks. Remove easily. UV gel polish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bundle for your comment. I'm a super bad replier, but I promise you, each comment is read and thoroughly enjoyed. And if you have a question, it will absolutely be answered in a timely manner.